Goodbye 2024!
As the clock strikes midnight on December 31st, and we transition into January 1st, one might ponder: what truly changes? Beyond the mere flip of a calendar page—assuming you’ve either purchased a new one or received one as a gift.
A year is like a big box filled with 365/6 days, each one holding different adventures, memories, and feelings. Sometimes, we get so busy that we don’t even notice how quickly a whole year flew by!
I heard a lot from people ranting about 2024. For many it was a challenging year with a lot of hurdles.
Last year wasn't an easy one for me either. It felt less like a thrilling roller coaster ride; it felt more akin to a drop tower, where everything just suddenly falls! My aspirations, which I held close to my heart, often eluded my grasp just as I was about to seize them. Many of the things I hoped for didn’t happen, and I lost some things that really mattered to me.The hopes I nurtured seemed to dissolve into thin air, and even the small victories I achieved were often accompanied by their own set of challenges.
But yet that's the very essence of life. Not every year/day can be perfect, and maybe last year just wasn’t mine.
It's okay to not be okay or it's okay to not have everything sorted. Only when you are going through something you see life with a whole different lens. Some incidents shape your perspective. Only when you have a bitter experience, you will know the worth of something sweet.
An unpredictable adventure where nothing comes easy. However, amidst the trials and tribulations, I discovered invaluable lessons. I learned who my true well-wishers were—those who stood by me during my lows and celebrated my highs, and those who drifted away when the going got tough. This past year became a pivotal moment for me, a time to strengthen my connections and expand my network. I dedicated myself to enhancing my skills, transforming setbacks into stepping stones.
Imagine a young tree, battered by storms and harsh winds. It may seem fragile, but with each gust, it learns to bend without breaking. Over time, it grows stronger, its roots digging deeper into the earth, anchoring it firmly. Similarly, we too can emerge from our struggles with newfound resilience. Just as that tree stands tall after the storm, we can rise from our challenges, ready to embrace the future.
Now, whether you are a fan of New Year celebrations or not, I encourage you to draw inspiration from the freshness that today brings. It might not be a new year for everyone. If not anything it's an occasion to start again, to make a come back and not be afraid of the binding fears of last year's setbacks.
It’s a blank canvas, waiting for you to paint your own masterpiece. Let 2025 be a chapter in your life, meant for rejuvenation, a chance to start afresh with high spirits and renewed determination.
I welcomed 2025 by visiting a temple with my friends. Instead of celebrating yesterday night, we chose to embrace the essence of the new year by initiating change in our lifestyles and honoring the fresh beginnings that came our way. Hopefully we will be able to follow it throughout this year and the years to come!
How did you welcome 2025?
Anyways, Happy 2025 <3
P.S: Aadru namige hosa varsha Ugadi ne.
Aapti Patwardhan
Comments
Post a Comment